When looking for love, there are a lot of options with online sites and apps, but unfortunately endless scrolling and reading profiles can turn into a full time job. Often, busy professionals who want a little help will turn to a matchmaking service. Lets talk about why a matchmaking service can help you find your soul mate.
In a matchmaking service, professional matchmakers actually hand match you with vetted candidates. All the work is done for you. How awesome is that?
At your initial meeting, they sit down with you and get to know your personality, interests, hobbies and what you are looking for in a partner. Then they take it from there and select someone for you to meet who they feel is compatible. Based on your criteria, she or he rules out people you would not be interested in meeting. Also, the matchmakers get valuable feedback from both members after the first date, helping them to get closer to a perfect match.
Top 10 Reasons Why A Matchmaking Service Can Help You Find Your Soul Mate
- Dates are screened in advance, so you’re not wasting time with people with whom you have nothing in common. A service screens out what you don’t want and tries to match what you do want (such as faith-based values, a certain age range, income, lifestyle, etc.).
- Today’s singles seem to have limited time for meeting other singles and dating. Who wants to spend an evening with someone who’s not interesting to you? A service increases the likelihood that you won’t be wasting time with inappropriate dates.
- Services are great for people who are new to a particular area. If you have just moved somewhere, you probably don’t know where to meet appropriate singles, and you haven’t found any groups to join yet, such as professional organizations and churches. A service can introduce you to the best people in your new hometown.
- It’s tough these days to find the best places to meet people. Maybe your church, volunteer organization or Rotary group just hasn’t come through for you in revealing suitable dates. It’s time to hand the search over to a matchmaking service!
- Many people feel uncomfortable meeting singles in bars or crowded events. Sure, “good” people also go to bars and clubs, but you have to weed through a LOT of poor matches to try to find the “cream of the crop.” Why waste your time? Let a matchmaking service weed through the masses for you.
- It’s expensive to date these days. There is the cost of restaurants, parking, alcohol, clothing, tips, etc. It adds up when you are dating a series of people with no potential. Using a matchmaking service can be easier and cheaper than going on a thousand dates and not finding someone right for you.
- Once you meet someone, there’s always the “grilling” process where you ask each other lots of questions to find out if you are compatible. Matchmakers can significantly reduce this process for you. Allergic to cats? A matchmaker will screen that out for you right away. You won’t have to spend an evening with someone only to find out she has five of them at home.
- We are all busy these days, especially with our careers. Often, we just want to go home, relax on the couch and watch TV! Of course, we have to get out to meet people, but if we do it on our own we may find ourselves going home time after time wishing we had just stayed home! Time is valuable. Make sure that the times you do make an effort to go out that it’s with someone who has been pre-screened by a matchmaking service and therefore likely to be worth the time you took to leave your comfy sofa.
- It’s tough to date when you are shy or cautious, especially for women. When approached in a bar or social setting, you have no idea if the guy is married or just wanting to “get lucky.” People that you meet through a matchmaking service are screened. You will know their marital status is never married, divorced or widowed. They are guaranteed to be single and open to dating.
- Once you’re past your thirties, it seems like it gets harder and harder to meet people in your age group. More people are married or “hooked up,” and the dating pool gets smaller, or at least it seems so. Matchmaking services have a wide array of members of various ages so you have access to available people in your own age group.
7 Things To Keep In Mind When Joining A Matchmaking Service
There are good and bad matchmaking services. Your time and money are precious, so ask questions before you sign up with a service. Don’t be afraid to visit more than one until you find a service that feels right for you. Some things to check out are:
- Matchmaking services can be expensive, but there are services to fit most budgets. The high- end services are always in the thousands. A benefit of choosing a fee-based service is that it may screen out people who are not serious about finding a long-term relationship. In other words, if they are willing to pay, they are more likely to be truly looking for a soul mate. In some cities, there are matchmaking services that do not charge the ladies as long as they meet certain criteria. Usually these services require that the woman look like a model.
- Make sure that they have members in your area. Many services insist that members meet potential matches in other cities, states or even countries! Most people do not want a long-distance relationship.
- Don’t feel pressured by aggressive salespeople. Matchmaking and dating services are businesses. They want your patronage. Don’t let them talk you into joining before they have answered all of your questions satisfactorily. And don’t let yourself be conned by a salesperson saying that the price is only good if you join right now. That is a sales tactic.
- Ask how long they have been in business and what their track record is. Don’t be afraid to ask for testimonials from satisfied customers.
- If you do join, read your contract! Know what you are getting yourself into. Most people don’t even know what they have signed.
- Make sure that you feel comfortable with your matchmaker. If you don’t feel he or she is really listening to your needs, don’t hesitate to ask to work with another person. Sometimes another personality will be a better fit for you.
- The more realistic and flexible you are, the more likely for success. Are you looking for a unicorn? Wanting to date “out of your league?” If you are too specific—for example, you want a Brad Pitt look-a-like, over six feet tall, who makes a million a year, never married, no kids, wants kids, speaks French, loves teacup poodles, and can cook—well, good luck!
Now you can see why a matchmaking service can help you find your soul mate.
If you’re serious about finding YOUR soulmate, contact me for a free consultation!